COMPETITION RULES & INFORMATION 2016
- The 2016 competition will be open to pianists who are New Zealand citizens, New Zealand permanent residents and those who have studied for at least two years in New Zealand.
- Applicants must be born after 1 July 1998.
- Full-time university performance students are not eligible.
- Audition is by 15-20 minute DVD (set top DVD not a data DVD) to arrive by 1 May.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- Competitors will be notified of acceptance by 1 June.
- Up to 16 students will be selected to compete in the competition.
- The first round will be held on Thursday 7 July 2016.
Competitors will perform a 20-minute recital programme of their choice. At least three musical periods must be included in the programme. From the first round on 10 July six competitors will be chosen to compete in the competition final.
Results will be announced at the conclusion of the session. The adjudication decision is final and beyond appeal.
A Masterclass for the non-finalists will be held on 9 July, and for the finalists on 10 July.
Practice times during the competition can be arranged at the university for those travelling from outside Auckland.
Rights to any competition performance, whether broadcast, televised, or recorded belong to the competition and no fee is payable for any transmissions, recordings or broadcasts of them.
All applicants must submit:
Photograph – a digital colour photograph(hi res, minimum 300dpi) of head and shoulders for publicity purposes.
Biography – a biography of not more than 100 words in electronic file format.
The competition has the right to reproduce this information in publicity or programme notes. Competitors may be interviewed for publicity purposes. Competitors must waive the right to review any material used and will receive no remuneration for use of this material.
Travel & Accommodation
Competitors are responsible for their own travel to and from Auckland. In cases of hardship applications for assistance may be considered. Competitors from outside Auckland will be billeted for the duration of the competition.
- Entry form completed and signed.
- Entry fee of $50 paid.
- Biography of no more than 100 words.
- Photograph of head and shoulders.
- Repertoire. Complete list of intended repertoire with full titles (including K, L, and Op. numbers) and accurate playing times. Repeats may be taken at the discretion of the performer. No changes to the programme are permitted after 10 June.
- Copy of birth certificate or passport.
- Audition DVD.
1 May - Entries close
1 May - Audition DVD must be submitted
1 June - Competition acceptance notification email advice
10 June - No further programme changes accepted
7 July - Competition Round
9 July - Competition Final
10 July - Presentation of Prizes
Send Applications to: Lewis Eady Charitable Trust
By post: PO Box 99801, Newmarket, Auckland 1149
By courier: 75 Great South Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All communications to: Sharon Seeto | Trust Administrator | +64 09 524 4119 | email@example.com